PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Deck Visitors.
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2006, 04:31
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Once had a mother in tears, the poor thing, the kid was nuts.

We had more crew than we needed on that flight, so we snuck her up to business and gave her a glass of champers, and I sat down with the kid for most of the rest of the flight, and kept him entertained. We, or should I say I, got stuck into the colouring book. He was very good at giving angry instructions, 'NO COLOUR IT ALL BROWN!'

couldnt show him the cockpit, but managed to keep him entertained with a few things, he even coloured in my Cabin Manager day report, all in brown of course.

The mother tearily hugged us all and tried to give us $10 each, or course we didnt accept - it was fun, and provided a fair bit of relief to the surrounding pax.

I always tried for the post landing visit for anyone who asked... We had some pretty short turarounds (sometimes 20mins with an aircraft swap on a jet), but usually enough time for a quick squiz and maybe a photo.

Remember when i was growing up, I got jumpseats for takeoff/landing on BA (767, 757, 747), QF (733, 734, 762, 763, 743, 744) Hazelton Saab340. Have got a few since 2001, virgin, qantas, but had an asic pass.

Remember even in 2000, i managed to get up for a visit on united, american, delta and usairways...

Shame how things have changed. But its for the best.