PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Origin Pacific cuts back flights
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2006, 23:14
LocoDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made two rounds trips from AKL to NSN with Origin in April, the J41's had good loads both ways each time, one was nearly full (1115hrs ex nelson)

I use them in preference to Air NZ, the terminals are less crowded, the J41 is quicker than a Saab340,and more comfortable as well, the crews friendly.

As mentioned above, a lot of criticism has been leveled at Origin, but from day one, the odds have been stacked against them.
Full marks to Robert Ingils for making a go of it,I tend to support the 'little guy' ,that 'other' airline has displayed arrogance on more than one occasion when making statements concerning competition with Origin- the Hamilton to Nelson service is a classic case. AIR NZ's bully tactics were very obvious.

Origin need support, I am sad they dont seem to get a lot from the aviation fraternity, the very ones who want flying jobs!
I use Origin to Nelson on a regular basis, to show my support for them.
I am also pleased when I encounter a former student of mine in a command role, these positions are made available by people like Robert Inglis, who have a vision and a passion, and go for it!

They need our support.

Keep steaming!