PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC: where,how, how much...Best deal & experiences
Old 19th May 2006, 16:52
tabspleasewithjeta1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would undoubteldy recommed the Flight Centre at Wolverhampton as well.
Did my Mcc with them last November and the instructors are excellent, I got far more from the course than i expected to in the way of instruction.
There sim is operated to Jet Speeds/profiles and most importantly SOP's, with the overall goal to teach and develop a pleasant personal CRM style that means that you can work as a team.
I can hand on heart say that the skills i aquired on this course gave me a fighting chance when i was lucky enought to be called for the only interview i have ever attended, and sucessfully landed the job.
Whilst i can see the advantages of doing a MCC on a jet sim,i think personnally getting your CRM correct is far more important, you can fail an OPC for bad CRM, so if you dont get the basics right it could hamper you later on.Remember you are be trainied to work as multi crew now! Type rating comes later!
If you are desperate to fly a Jet sim or have a sim ride looming, go and spend the money you have saved by going to HGFC and hire one for a couple of hours after.
As much as you try to tell yourself that you want to learn CRM you will fall madly in love with all the switches and the FMC and not concentrate on what you are trying to improve which is how to stop you and your buddy accidentally killing yourself!and how to do it nicely without making enemies!
probably going to get shot down in flames for this but watched this forum for ages and now in a positon where i can offer a bit of advice that may be useful to someone?!!