PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heading for disaster
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2006, 12:30
Crieff-ite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe it or not, there is actually some of us newbie cpl's out here who actually agree with having to start off sweeping hangar floors, etc and sitting in the left seat gaining and quizzing an experienced pilots knowledge.
It would be my ideal preferred first position, rather than instruction, basically so I could get to know the industry from the ground up. I have approached numerous companies so far (and will continue to do so) asking to do just this sort of work (and no, I am not one of the work for free brigade before anyone starts :o). However, it is proving just as hard to get this sort of work as it is to get any flying jobs. I have actually been offered 3 Instructor positions with different schools, if and when I get my instructor rating but never the hangar rat positions....they just don't seem to be available. You never know, maybe the reason why all of us newbie cpl's aren't sweeping the floors is because those positions are currently filled....so that only leaves us to do the Instructor route.
Just my little bits worth

Crieff-ite