PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P51 Mustang looses Canopy over City
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2006, 09:32
Flying Bull

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi treaders,

thatīs why I wrote rumors - isnīt that also the title of this forum ;-)

About cooperation - Iīm not involved in the mishap and can only read the information or disinformation in the newspaper and the net.

The question is, why he continued over 200 miles with an proper airfield with in a few miles - and whether he has or hasnīt called an agency to tell about the mishap.
I personally think, he hasnīt - because otherwise the controller would suggested a landing at EDDG or - if the pilot wanted to continue - would have informed the Tower of EDDG about the mishap - in case somebody was asking.

Evenso there was a copilot, who could take a look to the back and evenso, it was an warbird, capable of taking some hits, I personally wouldnīt continue 200 NM, when I coulndīt be sure, that nothing else on the plane was hit and might be damaged while continue flying.
But there seems to be a wingman, who might have done an outside inspection - and at Berlin there was 200 NM less fuel in the tanks....

Still, in my humble opinion from the information I have at the moment, the case wasnīt handeld to well from the pilot

Greetings Flying Bull