PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2006, 09:31
Where R We?

Thanks MilSpFunc, but none of those numbers allows you to make a 'formal' complaint about the system. They put you through to the helpdesk at JPAC who then have 48 hrs to get back to you with a query; I have 1.5 hours before my 48 hrs runs out for the query I placed on Wednesday.

The number I was given by PSF is not on that list and receives more attention higher up the food chain. I am not knocking the girls/lads at the end of the JPAC helpline, they are undermanned and uninformed of the issues at hand. Whilst they have increased the numbers of people answering the phone, it appears that the 'behind the scenes' numbers have not increased. Therefore the queue remains the same size, infact it has been made longer as instead of answering your query in 24hrs they have 48hrs. In my case where I held for 80mins and assuming it takes 3 mins to take a message, that meant there must have been 27 people in front of me for that operator and if there are 40 operators, that is 1080 people in the phone queue - how many man hours is that?

I personally am happy with the way the system is working for me as my claims and pay has been paid correctly, but this cannot be said for all the people in the RAF and to say that JPA is a success is something just shy of a lie (although it does depend on your definition of success).