PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF JOB CUTS
Thread: QF JOB CUTS
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2006, 00:47
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron & Edna Johns
(c) OH&S committees/personnel deciding that MINTIES are not to be permitted in meetings as staff might BREAK A TOOTH
I hadn't heard that one. You are joking aren't you? I mean, I know the OH&S stormtroopers have done some pretty anal things recently, but that has to be a joke, right?
You are quite correct in your last point. Employees going to that extra effort ain't gonna happen on GD's watch. Have even witnessed some displays of the 'I don't give a stuff how much fuel they want me to save' factor already. I'm not saying that is good. It's simply a morale/respect indicator.

Speaking of flogging food, etc, I've got a bit of a confession BALert. The other day, I drank 1/2 of a large bottle of water on the sector. I took the bottle with the remaining water in it (complete I assume with trace amounts of my own spittle etc) with me off the aeroplane to finish in the hotel room, along with the choccie bar from my otherwise inedible crew snack. I think that actually constituted stealing company property (as the remaining water/food had not yet been relocated in my gullet, which I believe is the crossover line when it becomes your property), but I'm not sure who to turn myself in to. Unfortunately I think it would be rather impractical at this stage to return the property to QF.

Last edited by DutchRoll; 19th May 2006 at 01:00.