PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals - What are your experiences?
Old 18th May 2006, 21:51
Hoots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellow capped actual users, whats happening around the various stations with regards to having a sensible couple of beers or wine with a meal as I seem to be hearing different stations applying different rules. Couldnt find anything mentioned on the subject in JSP 752. Also, have been told that IE can only be claimed retrospectively and not up front, is this the same at every station? Can the young LAC or SAC afford to go on det and have to stump up laundry, phone charges etc. Is the 10% allowed for gratuity included in the DS or can it be claimed back in addition to? What if in the USA where the service charge is included on the bill and is above 10%? Seems that morale is getting lower all the time, as the admin burden increases steadily. How many more push factors are we going to get before the powers to be wake up and smell the roses, for the sake of pennies in the overall scheme of things why could it not be just left the way it was. I also feel for the poor imprest clerks who have had their hours cut and are job sharing and have now had the workload vastly increased. One stated the other day that it tool a full week to go through all the receipts, paperwork etc and the in tray is filling up and overflowing rapidly. I can't wait til i go to the USA for a month on capped actuals, is the hassle all worth it. Would be more acceptable perhaps if the civil service had the same rules.