PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 19:33
dazjs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that I could say, that, if I were a (Non-Commisioned)serving member of the regular RAF and had been in the Force for nearly 15 years, served the Queen and counrty on many occasions, put my life on the line many times, been apart from my loved ones and witnessed the evillness of armed conflict then I would be uncomfortable being put in situations where a RAFVR(FT) Officer who has no military experience has command over me. I would feel that i had earned the right to wear that uniform and beret with pride. I understand that these VR Officers have a responsibility and a position of authority but it should be only for the cadets. I do not think that Civilians who do a week or so on officer training and have no military experience should be placed in command of regular service men. From what I know the VR do not have to do annual fitness tests, annual defense training, orderly duties and go to the gulf. Regular's DO. In some cases i think that the VR Officer in command would have no concept of the different stresses that the Regulars would be under.
I agree with the statment by RayDarr vbmenu_register("postmenu_2380382", true); that some VR's feel threatened by Regular's and as a result would create the need to prove ones rank therefore creating bad feeling.
VR(T) should not in my opinion have the same status as "Full Blown" RAF officers and uniform or an emblem should be worn to show this.