PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - combined threads
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 18:41
BMI701EGCC

A380; Huge thanks to MAN control!!!!

Wel what i day, i knew that the A380 was flybying broughton at around 11:10...
i live in atherton, the beluga's frequently fly over en-route to broughton so i knew i had the chance to see it....

i knew i had to go outside at about 10:50 to at least get a look, so we went to an advantage point near astley moss, we waited and waited.....nothing....

i knew that it would be coming from ROSUN, then heading south west, normally aircraft usually take a more northernly track south west, so i had to hope it would come more south so i could get a good close up....

10:50 passed, me and dad both thought it had already passed, but we still waited another 15 mins, the cloud cover was getting better as time passed, but still nothing...

we had enough so we drove off, we strolled along this country lane and stopped again trying to see find a gap in the cloud and we did, over warrington, way west of us...

but still nothing....

my dad just happens to look northeast towards Bolton and he says "Is that it ?!?!?!", within a millisecond i look around and see a low flying aricraft, i looked straight at the wings so i could determine whether it was the A380 or not....IT WAS!!!

I immediatley unhooked my seatbelt, open the door and rand off to get a good advantage point, and there it was it all its glory, the Airbus A380!, we was both completley taken back, the mere size of this bird at 4,00ft is just amazing! i continued to monitor it, it seemed to turn towards liverpool, but it must of been on base for broughton.....

i am never going to forget this day....seeing the A380 before anybody at broughton and London, the feeling is just fanatastic....no seriously i give a big thanks to manchester ATC was vectoring this a/c with such precision

ive been interested in this program for day one and to see it sucessfully flying is just a fantastic feeling, good luck to everyone involved in making this man made marval, hats of to you....

well done brought!!

cheers

scott w