PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet (Merged 30/05)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 16:53
CAP493

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks EpsilionMS but I wasn't talking about TORA but TODA which as I suggested previously and as you kindly indicated, at LTN is virtually the same as at STN and LGW.

As regards travelling time from LTN to the Stock Exchange, methinks that anyone travelling premium class will actually take a taxi or would be chauffeur-driven into London. Whilst the official figures may well indicate STN is the quickest option, the overal difference i.e. 20 minutes is pretty much irrelevant as it would depend on the traffic on the M1, M23 or M11 and within the Capital.

And the 40 mph limit is temporary during the M1 motorway widening work, for safety reasons.

As to the the runway slots at Luton, unlike you I don't need to check the ACL website - corporate flights at LTN are NOT repeat NOT 'coordinated' by ACL on behalf of LLAO (although this could change in a year or-so) because LTN's operating company does not as yet subscribe to that level of coordination.

Oh, and BTW, Bumz, Midland Mainline operates an approximately hourly service ex. St. Pancras to Luton Airport Parkway (final desitnation Derby or Nottingham) which takes 23 minutes, a journey time only beaten by the Heathrow Express to Terminals 1, 2 & 3.