PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 60 and DEFO's
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 02:08
Al E. Vator

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
And another thing! (sorry if it hijacks the thread but it is related).

There's currently an IFALPA ban (however useful or not that may be etc) on Direct Entry pilots for the 747-400 over at Dragon Air. The management there are trying to bypass/undermine their own guys by hiring off the streets. Just like us a few years back but the Dragon pilot union by all accounts seems to be handling it OK so far.

Rumour has it that a four very well-off, post 55, ex-CX drivers are looking at, or will take these positions to generate a little more beer money (it's a truly crap contract by the way).

I may be missing something but far more than for our own recent events (i.e. GA guys being involved in our inhouse dispute), isn't this sort of behaviour by financially independent pilots who had otherwise finished their careers the most appalling form of Scabbing? Should they not be ostracized as pariahs for undermining their peers' livelihoods for their own selfish desires?

Yes I am probably living in a dreamland and I know decency is an old-fashioned concept nowdays and the 'greed is good' mentality prevails but do these former colleagues of ours have no morals whatsoever?

Perhaps to you 'gentlemen' the taste of those beers will be as distasteful as your actions.