PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all pinoy pilots, advise po
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 01:48
RocketQueen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Cessna1052
Hi,
Omni and PAL Av are two different flight schools, it just happens that PAL is using Omni's grounds for that purpose. Schools aren't just the key to a successful aviation career, its more on who you know, someone to help you jumpstart that career you wish. Commercial flying to begin with isn't just the Airline, you also have the General Aviation comprising of Charter companies, flying schools, Gov't co., Private corps.,and some non-scheduled operators. And lastly, the Military.
It is very easy to get into Flying, as long as you pass the Medical requirement and have the money to finance it, you will find yourself in the sky in no time. Whats tough though, is after the Pay per flight, wherein you start looking for the opposite "Flight for Pay".
Early 30's? you have plenty of time, but for the PAL Av school i believed they have an age limit prior to joining, others may clarify.
Go for it, get the license and time and start looking for that special someone who can help you. Potentials without an external force to push it will have no direction, believed me I've seen a lot.
Goodluck and hopefully to fly with you in the future....
Thanks for the reply Cessna!

Yup the "Flight for Pay" would be the thing to look for...

PAL Av requires the trainee not to be over 30... They said I could train but as far as being absorbed into PAL... That's a different story. Bad thing is, I don't know anyone from PAL management. Or any other airline for that matter. By the way, is it really true that there is a shortage of pilots here in the Phils? If yes, maybe up to when? I'm just basing my assumptions on media reports. Maybe I can ride the hiring wave? Maybe I should just snap out of my stupor?

But as far as enthusiasm goes, I wanna be a flyboy like you guys!

Rocket Queen