PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2006, 00:55
maniac55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I would love to say I told you so, however ......

I now have a couple of guys working on det who both put in for an 'advance' more than a week ago. However, neither have received any dosh and one of which has neither a credit card nor the dosh in the bank to cover his expenses.

I would love to make a flippant remark about the company that actually pays the money (& that they look after CSA payments so well ) but right now I have more important things to worry about. I'd like to say that I knew this would happen & raised it at previous JPA briefings but for the poor bugger involved it doesn't mean Jack Sh1t.

Not only do I loose that guy's productivity because he is trying to chase his dosh but if he doesn't get it by the end of his det he's screwed! From a 'Duty of Care' perspective I'm less than unhappy.

Its easy for us well paid smart arses to say that 'one should have a months pay in the bank' but back on 'Planet Reality' it rarely happens. Moreover, the guy is away for a couple of weeks & has naff all in the bank. As much as I would like to prove the point of 'I told you so', my first priority is to look after the individual concern & ringing JPAC has had no affect whatsoever.

Now I will re-iterate that I'm the first in the queue to have a whinge but, if we are going to have individual expenses, then everyone gets their own Corp card. If you abuse it, you get fizzed; or, if you go over the top, the overspend gets clawed back through your pay in due course. What you cannot have is people paying for expenses imposed upon them when they don't have the funds to do so.

Last edited by maniac55; 18th May 2006 at 05:57.