PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Jet International
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 23:33
Eight Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320rider
noway budy, with 1500h, you do not give your money to EJetscam, but keep it for a SERIOUS company, who PAYS you when you are up.so you can buy food and have a life!!!!!!!!!

this market is a joke, stop to pay with nothing in return...pay to work is illegal in europe anyway.

I agree, if you have 1500 TT why give your money ? But on the same token, why would some people in EU pay for their type rating ?

If someone can get in as a second officer then don't pay. BUt, what if you can't, and the only way in is either to pay for the endo money and/or pay for the 300 hours as well ?

Answer: It all comes down to your situation. Sure, it hurts to pay but would you rather do this or not get your foot in the door if the opportunity was there. Some people would rather go out and swim to the ship rather than wait for the ship to come to them.
I'm sure no one in his or her right mind would pay for it if they can get it for free, but WHAT IF YOU CAN'T. Time is money. WE all have to face the fact that the aviation market is rapidly changing. 15 years ago, someone would laugh at you if they say that they would pay for the TR. But look at it now, it's so common. Don't get me wrong, I am against this but sometimes when people are forced in a corner with no other option, what else would they do ?

To Jeya, try applying as a second officer instead if you can so you won't have to pay for it. Otherwise, do what must be done.

EB