PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 21:23
icarus5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovaduck I cannot believe that you excuse the mobster and then list all the wrong decisions he has made.

Apart from the facts that he is incompetent(100%),Paranoid(200%),Control freak(300%),autocratic (400%),incredibly useless man manager(500%), he used to be a not bad ramp controller which is where he started. Examples (just a few):-

Extremely rapid turnover of senior management such as Dir of Ops, Chief Pilot, Chief Trng Pilot, Ops Manager. There is no company to match that.

How many days was Fleet manager GG able to get in the office in two years?;-less than 5. As a consequence vital amendments to SOPs and emergency checklist introduced by the CAA nearly 4 Yrs ago to prevent further fatal accidents (after the EDN pilots died) were never fully incorporated so that practically every day/hour Emerald shed pilots were flying they could have failed to react in the same manner and died likewise.Whilst the CAA action is way over the top on this issue they are correct. However, it could have been resolved very easily and quickly. Regretably, MOB never understood this.

Any one who buys ex Brit a/c off a foreign register is naive if he thinks the CAA will not crawl over it with a fine tooth comb and even more so with an ex Brit A/C with which they know all about. He was told by senior engs not to touch them but ignored this advice.As a result it has cost a huge crippling fortune taking Emerald from a successful night operator into a huge black hole where AJ in order to keep the company going had to inject 3 million into the company about a year ago.

I could go on and give numerous further examples of this self-opiniated,ignorant,obnoxious person who is hated by all who have to work close to him but I know that as usual he will brush all criticism off to AJ and if he ever does leave Emerald will be given a very big golden handshake despite the people who actually worked their backsides off wiill receive sweet fxxxny adams.

My heart goes out to all those who depended upon Emerald especially to the low paid office workers.