PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Rise
Thread: EK Pay Rise
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 19:16
uplock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Pay Cut NOT a Pay Rise when cost of living is taken into account

Allaru
Firstly may I say that the recent pay offering is appreciated by most of the pilots, since if nothing else it is a step in the right direction.
Don't agree with your first comment....bollucks.. it was a pay cut not a pay rise however the rest of your post is very good .
I was hoping for something to reflect the real cost of living and acknowledgement for spending nearly the last 7 years with EK. Instead we get the usuall smoke and mirrors letter from H.Q.
Dissapointing, however it is clear that the long held to hope for a substantial pay rise to match the fall in the US $ and increasing cost of living in Dubai will never happen

Some how I do not think Mr ED will be in undated with Crew to operate those flights in open time this weekend.

Really dissapointed, but not surprised. What gets me though is the humongus Profits that are made each year by EK, the increase in Productivity from the Pilot group, in many cases including myself maxed out on hours for the year yet my Take home salary when converted from AED or US $ to another currency keeps decreasing.

I am not interested in working on my day off Mr ED