PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cholesterol and statins
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 16:41
scanscanscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a whole lot of stuff about statins and Q10 et all on the internet....and immediately after my heart attack in June 2004 I went there big time seeking information.
I then drove my consultant nuts with questions on my medication and heart condition. Basically I now suspected he might be a Quack!!
He said most people do read up on their condition....and he was glad I did not also read the Daily Mail!
I recently (at a heart department fund raising) had the opportunity to talk socially and at lenght to several other heart consultants both male and female....I can assure you they as proffessionals know exactly what is written on the internet...the good... the bad.... and the ugly.
As a result of this mass enlightenment talk in I now simply follow my NHS consultants advice and take his medication....and feel fine...it includes Simva statin 40 mg daily...sure sometimes I have all over body muscle achs in the evenings if I get cold and immobile but it soon goes away if I move around...a small price to pay I feel for Cholesterol of 3.6 and BP of 140/80 at 66years old. I also walk the Lab 5 miles every morning and only have 20% arterial blockage with no chest pain.
They tell me my bloods showed I had a massive heart attack...the good news was the para medic doctor who got a clot buster drug into me (which actually worked and did the business) at 23.30 hours one Sunday night..90mins after the attack. Boy oh Boy was I glad to see him!
Prevention is better than the experiance and everyone should know their numbers and risk to prevent their event. And how is the pain on a scale of 1 to 10 sir? You all can do without that.

Last edited by scanscanscan; 17th May 2006 at 16:52.