PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abolish the RAF, says Col. Tim Collins
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 13:54
Almost_done

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just let them do it

After re-reading this post and the alternate ones on E-Goat and ARRSE, why don’t we just do it, take the redundancy package and leave if our Lords and Masters decide to do it.

Let the Army and Navy fight over what’s left, them get on see if they can run a cohesive and sustainable Air Flights, or what ever they want to call them.

I know this is a passionate subject for those of us in Light Blue, but I am sick to the back teeth of the ‘we can do it better’ attitude of the other two, if so let them get on and do then. They will not have the comfort zone of being able to draw expertise from us to get them out of a particularly bad situation, due to their short sightedness, strict manpower policies and blinkered options.

Let us start with JHC remove all RAF Aircrew, Engineering Tradesmen, Ops Bods, MT, Suppliers, Painters, ATC and Adminer’s (if any left after JPA), move out of Odiham, Benson, Aldergrove and Culdrose. Give them our resources and see how long they last at the job before the whingeing starts. I’ll give them 3 months if that.

But of course they’ll have to gut all the single accom to make it suitable for them to move into, wasting how many thousands of pounds? Just as they did at RAF Abingdon when they turned it into Dalton Barracks.

My final note is that the Army were always grateful to see the Helo’s in the field in NI. The RAFs problem has been in letting the Press say a ‘Army helicopter removes troops from the field’ etc for far too long, so they have had more publicity at our cost and Tim Collins and Army posters on this site believe it too.

Oh well my last tuppence worth on this sorry subject.