PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ben's PPL Diary
Thread: Ben's PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 12:03
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ben

I just found this post today - firstly, may I say Good Luck in your flying. You will certainly enjoy it, and at times you will feel like giving up, but don't. I remember writing my first post in my diary, and I can honestly say I never thought of myself as being a pilot, nor did I think I would ever finish the course, yet here I am some time later with a PPL. I have had a great bunch of people follow my diary (and they still do) and I hope the same thing happens for you - I will certainly be following your progress

The first part of the course is general handling, and while it is the most enjoyable part, it is by far the least rewarding. When you start navigation you may start to wonder why you bother, but when you have done your first solo nav, you will only then realise the true meaning of your privilege - and the buzz you get is great

Try not to get too wound up with the cancellations (you will) they are something we just have to put up with in this country, it is all about discipline and realising when you can and can't/shouldn't fly.

Keep us all up to date on how you get on - I look forward to reading.

Best wishes,

Lee