PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brian in action again
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2006, 10:36
ekwhistleblower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't condemn anyone for coming to work as a DEC. I would be very disappointed if I saw proof of different deals for different people but it wouldn't surprise me. TG's actions made me feel embarrassed for the guy and I know him pretty well. I thought it was a ludicrous attempt at self justification.

Lets face it, we are seeing two extremes here. The guys that have been walked over by DECs and the DECs. One group thinks the sun shines out of EK's butts, the other group see the 'tree of monkeys'. When the management look down from the top all they can see are the monkey's smiling faces. The monkeys at the bottom looking up can just see arseholes.

There is another important group though and they are the guys that have been here a long time and seen the changes. I include myself in that group. Is EK the best in the world, no. Is it the worst, no. Has there been gross mismanagement, yes. The test for me will be what happens over the next couple of years. If EK get their crews and they are of a sufficient calibre to fly safely, things will not get better quickly. If they don't, they will have to try and buy them and maybe T&Cs might move out of the slowly deteriorating spiral.

TG is not the only guy talking EK up, go and look at some of the other threads here:

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.co...ead.php?t=1007

Do I blame them, no. I was just like them when I first got here but like everything else your opinions tend to balance out after a while. Anyone that believes all in the garden is sunny will be disappointed just as anyone who believes it is all crap has been lied to. I wish that they would take the rose tinted specs off and see what actually is happening. It works in reverse for the guys that slag everything and everyone off. You discover that the glass can be both half full and half empty at the same time but guys that want to get on the merry go round would have a better, more realistic, idea of what they are getting themselves into.

EKWB