PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Supermodel pleads guilty in air rage fracas on BA flight
Old 17th May 2006, 09:32
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay guys, sorry BA isn't deluded and I passed such comment in haste.

However I agree that there needs to be a formulated process for reacting to such events especially when mid-Atlantic and so far from anywhere. Personal responsibility isn't simply checked in at the airport but carried onboard by passengers. I think that people still harbour the view that a plane is somehow 'out of the country' and therefore exempt from legal review not so. When these so called lovies from the celeb world grace us mere plebs with their presence they should also try and restrain themselves from causing an impromptu exhibition which causes distress and annoyance to all the other passengers. How is someone going to feel with this kind of thing going onboard, the small child travelling on their own for the first time, the elderly couple, the family returning after a family bereavemen in another country. The judge (and yes it should be a judge) needs to take that into consideration and STOP allowing these toe-rags from ruining it for the rest of us. When you crack the thin artificial shell of the celeb ego they'll soon get the message but at present I think we are sending out the wrong message that if you're rock and roll then it's okay, no sunshine it's not and if you find me on the same flight acting like this I can assure you it'll be bad day for the celeb.

Many moons ago whilst still at university I worked at the airport during the summer months. I was a nobody working at a small bureau de change in Terminal 1, however came across the usual celeb almost once every shift, MOST of them were fine and actually quite interesting and well behaved but you always came across the most impractical and unrealistic one who was a third rate celeb that would get really aggresive and at times violent. But their achilles heel was always publicity and I was a master at shaming them in public in fornt of numerous passengers and that really kills them like kryptonite to Superman. Some would calm down with this shock tactic but others just couldn't get the message and made a deeper hole for them. But in the end they did it to themselves and I couldn't stand by idly by whilst they attacked or berated my colleagues for no reason.