PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways
Thread: GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2006, 22:44
Turroncin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cirrus_Clouds
With weighing up this information, the life style isn't exactly going to be pleasant in my mind. Minimum rest would be even less than 9hrs after cooking a meal, then it's straight to bed, ready for round 2, 3, 4, etc!

I'm really not sure on this. The money isn't great as well. Something tells me it's not worth it for that life style it brings, on that amount of cash - basically not a good deal.

Is there any future development in cabin crew, Senior Cabin Crew??

I do have my PPL and love flying/travelling, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is such a wise move whilst discovering these facts as I'm not exactly desperate wanabee crew, but rather the pilot aspect of it all lol!
If you want to get quick promotion its a doddle, they did summer promotions for assistant purser and purser and 2 months later...they're doing recruitment again as lots of them have resigned already! You need 6 months with the company if you have flown before to get AP. Having said that BA mainline cabin crew earn more than a GB purser!

It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea....although quite a few crew hang on in GB for a while. My opinion is if you have a choice and don't mind trips, go somewhere else.