PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight instructor course?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2006, 19:59
duir

I can concur that there is indeed a desperate shortage of FIs in Scotland. At the school I worked for we have been totally unable to get any full time FIs to come this far north. This is in essence ludicrous as we have in my opinion some of the best flying available in the whole of the UK. There seems to be a trend for people not being prepared to relocate and this does not bode well for them if they intend to go on to airline work. Almost all candidates that did apply had Frozen ATPLs which makes it even more absurd as just about every single instructor that ever worked at my school has managed gainful employment with an airline, the last being here for just 3 months!! I myself have had one job offer and have an interview coming up. I just find it unbelievable that people turned down the job when they found out it was in the North.........why not put yourself in the minority at an international Airport?

Just wondering why Scotland is rich pickings for FI's?
Well for me there is nowhere quite like it, I am not a Scottish but have spent most of my working life here. Scotland has incredible scenery for flying and the weather up here will teach you an awful lot about flying.