PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abolish the RAF, says Col. Tim Collins
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2006, 19:17
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh FFS grow up, this is getting purile. Mine is bigger than yours and my mate is bigger than you, and my mate has shot down more ac than yours. The Air Force (two words not one for our green bretheren), any Air Force, on any continent, does more than shoot down aircraft! For the Dark Blue the SHAR may have shot down more aircraft than the RAF in the recent past, but then the RAF has dropped more bombs on more targets, at greater depth and over longer distances than the RN or Army! The RAF has done more ISTAR, more AT (helo, short range or long range) than either the RN or the Army. The RAF has done more tanking, more AEW, more maritime (airborne) patrol than either of the other 2. But then the RN has sailed more boats and subs and the army has driven more tanks and walked over more ground.

Stop ping around, the armed forces (UK) need all three elements. Anyone who has worked with the army KNOWS that they do not understand air or water, the RN do not understand LONG RANGE air, the the RAF do not do walking or boats! We all have our strengths and that is what we ALL need to bring to the party. Get over it and get on with it. Threads like this only help the naive and the stupid in government, the civil service and the Treasury to axe more from our overstretched budget and pour it into the black holes of the NHS and DSS!

Rant switch to Off