PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charters to Canaries
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2006, 18:41
bluefalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charters to Canaries

Buenas Tardes!
To all crews flying regularly or on charter basis to any of the main airports in the canaries such as ACE, LPA, TFS, and FUE, ; its seen to me almost with every foreign airline that arrives to the islands that they don´t seem to take the chance of proceding with a visual approach. I strongly recommend the oppportunity of requesting such approach, even with a preceding traffic infront of you (always on sight of course) as it is a chance that in many few airports you can take now a days. The controllers are used to such enquiries by the spanish carriers and if possible they´ll be happy to grant them. Its of course another chance of taking our profession in a more exciting level and even more after a long flight from northern europe, I strongly recommend the visual to Lpa with a turn before the "arinaga" mountain ( about 3,5 nm from threshold rwy 03 L/R). Normally theres pretty gusty winds so its a good chance to practice skills, let me know what other visuals you recommend around other places,

Cheers to all, and many happy approaches