PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Supermodel pleads guilty in air rage fracas on BA flight
Old 16th May 2006, 17:27
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boogie-nicey
As for the captain's signed note well that typifies BAs equivalent dellusion that a BA captain is a messenger sent by God. (Why can't BA calm down and rengage with their customer's expectations and stop pretending to be operate BOAC - but that's another matter and I digress).
Unfortunately I think you have all lost the point. The "signed letter" as the article puts it is actually a standard warning letter, much like a Red Card in football which is the final warning the crew need to take heavier action...e.g...the handcuffs!!!
Obviously under the circumstances, the captain cant come out of the flight deck and do the pleasantries himself so he needs to authorise the crew member to issue the final warning before they can get heavy. I can remember not too long ago Dale Winton being issued with one after he through a tantrum cos the crew wouldnt allow him into the First Cabin on the way back from Antigua...that was funny but it also worked and he piped down. Most passengers get the point after that. Its more of an insurance/legal thing really and nothing to do with the fact that the captain thinks hes god. I seriously doubt I would ever see a BA Captain come out of the flight deck to cuff a passenger, they are happy to leave the girls down the back to do that!!!