PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi B777 Lands on Wrong LHR RWY?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2001, 13:27
Underdog

Cool

Atco Two et al,

Don't let the childish remarks by some of our contibutors spoil your impression of us. I think the reason that people are making silly comments is that they know that this was really a 'non-event' in the big scheme of things.

Don't know what the weather was like, but, if 'checker' had been nearer to them they may well have spotted him and G/A'd. Just sounds like a simple cockup - OK we don't really want many of those but - 'Sh!t happens'

I find it remarkable that people can get their knickers in a twist over this - yet elsewhere in the world far more dangerous practices continue on a daily basis. How about being cleared to land whilst still no. 5 in traffic, most of whom you can't see and still not visual with the field? To my mind these daily events are far more dangerous than anything I've ever encountered at LHR.

You guys at LHR do a sterling job. I think everyone with worldwide experience would agree that you are the best in the world - along with the rest of the UK. The odd silly comment from the forum is just that - silly - I'm sure that anyone that has experienced your controlling is only jesting and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Regards,

Underdog