PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2006, 00:44
Expensive Baggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Please, don't throw your hands up in horror that a 'wife of' has joined your forum to post in this thread. I'm as affected by JPA as the rest of you. Husb is often overseas, as he is now, with no access to JPA. So to be told that his payslip has still not arrived at his work, a week after RAF Innsworth say they received it, is most frustrating! I know his pay is @ £400 down for April, as I run the household accounts and have seen what was paid into our joint account but I do not know why. Nor are we ever likely to, if what I have read in this thread is anything to go by. Husb also has 3 outstanding claims for overseas trips yet to be paid and has told me he will not be asking for advances of rates in future, as it is too difficult. It seems we will be subsidizing RAF operations instead. Perhaps the 'good' Wg Cdr Field could take on board that I work FOR a charity, but that does not make ME one! I do not have a month's wages to spare to cover for his superiors' crass incompetence so I will whinge if I want to!

As a result, I wrote to our MP, complaining about the appalling JPA and 'capped actuals' set up and received a reply, dated 5 May. He had passed my comments to Adam Ingram and was awaiting a reply. I have e-mailed him again today, asking for an update.

I also wrote to the Daily Telegraph asking them to get a journalist to look into the story but they have not replied.

BTW. To the person who named 'He Who Shall Not Be Named', shame on you and mine's a large G & T. Cheers.