PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MURCIA - SAN JAVIER, SPAIN
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 21:10
javier.mjv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Anna,

I have also heard that rumours. But I can not confirm that again, although they have been becoming more and more persistent and frequent since the expansion works. Certainly some FR bosses have visited the airport recently, although I do not know what exactly for.
When the second runway becomes fully operative and the terminal building extention is finished there will be 5 boarding gates, as well as 19 check-in counters and much more space for airlines offices (ops dep, ticket desk...).
Thanks to this improvement I do believe some airlines (FR or LS) will based one/two aircrafts at MJV.As for demand from surrounding area, destinations such as Paris, Rome or some german cities would be really welcomed as there are many foreigners living in the area most of the year, as well as lots of spaniards, that study or emmigrated to those countries.
The airline I would really like to set up a base at MJV is Flybe, as they, thanks to their Dash a/c could offer domestic flights within Spain to fill the lack of enough connections Murcia has (Mad 3 times daily, BCN twice a day and PMI three times a week). BE could continue offering their flights to SOU, EXT, BHX, NWi and probably other UK airports, and at the same time offer domestic routes using their DASH (really easy to fill)

I hope this info answers all your questions

Regards
Javier