PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways applications/recruitment/accomodation
Old 15th May 2006, 19:06
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richhove
I am joining BA LHR on the 12th June, can anyone that has recently training or indeed is still training tell me whether you get a whole 5 week schedule roster on the 1st day detailing working days and days off etc or is it more adhoc?...May sound a bit cheeky but need to plan etc.... Also how far into the course do you get your first roster of flights?
I only got my roster about a week from the end of the course. A friend of mine says the same, and she was on a different course for a different fleet.

FlyByWire, I had the pleasure of flying on one of the new EMBs with Air Canada a couple of months back and it's a nice ride! I hadn't heard anything about other types being looked at for the LGW fleet renewal, but you're right in that my stating that Airbii would make up the fleet was, indeed, only an assumption.

To be perfectly honest though, I'd be very surprised if we didn't go Airbus. For the discounts we'd enjoy and the benefit of having fleet commonality throughout the airline's large shorthaul operation (LHR and LGW) will make Airbus an attractive option.