PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways
Thread: GB Airways
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 18:37
Turroncin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cirrus_Clouds
Hey all, I'm currently looking into the possibility of joining GB Airways crew, while looking at other jobs.As part of research that I have already obtained, I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me (I'm sure some GB crew visit this forum)?Describe a typical week...How many hours per shift?Many 0300 starts? lolWhat's the max number of working hours per week?How many flights/sectors per shift?The normal wage? (research tells me that is a low figure)Number of crew on a/c?Through looking at the routes, it seems most flights last 1-2 hrs each.Many thanks, much appreciated.
A typical week: 5 days on 2 off. If you're a new starter most of these will be long flights (Canaries, Greece - 3.5ish hrs each way, Paphos - 4.5 hrs) with a couple of shorter ones like Spain at around 2-2.5 hours each way. Red Sea is 5.5 hours each way but you get a non-op the following day.

There are no 3am starts, the earliest stby is 4am the earliest check in is 5am.

There are some night flights (arriving back around 6ish am) e.g. Paphos, Ibiza, Palma.

If you get a nightstop, its 3 sectors each day. Most other days its just 2 sectors but the entire shift can be 11 -13 hours long.

Crew. Min is 4 on 320, 6 on 321, but you get 5 on 320 if club load is high or its 3+ sector day or a long flight. 7 on the 321 likewise.

You need to do a bit more research if you think GB flights last 1-2 hours! The only destination you can get to in 1 hour is Nantes, and I've only ever been there as part of a 4 sector day that took 13 hours to complete!!