PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More PC Madness...
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 17:45
Fg Off Max Stout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Actually Scud, it's not a joke:

BBC
http://www.religioustolerance.org/ce.htm

The latter site states, amongst other PC garbage,
Imagine how you would feel if the notation were BM and AM where "M" stood for Mithra -- a mythical god-man from Persia on whom the religion of Mithraism was created. (Mithraism was the main competitor to Christianity at one time). You would be offended, and distressed at having to acknowledge such a god-man every time that you wrote a date.
Actually no, if it was standard, common use notation I couldn't give a kippers'. NB. This zeitgeist is my bete-noir: that PC apologists and their doppelganger honchos are given carte-blanche to abolish bona fide, pukka expressions that they decree verboten and expect me to kow-tow to their typhoon of cultural destruction etc.

I, and the majority of the Western population absorb elements of other cultures happily and often without even noticing (and most certainly without taking enormous offence), and the reverse is even more true. I am sick and tired of apologists telling me what I can and can't say, and apologizing on my behalf for things that nobody else in the world, including those allegedly offended, give a sh1t about. How often have you heard of British councils banning the flying of the Union Flag in case it offends someone - and how often have you heard of anyone actually being offended by the site of the flag?

That last site even advocates that for consistency, the names of the days and months be changed but only relents as their culturally offensive origins are widely unknown. Good Lord. Can't these people find something useful to drip about.