PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 17:13
bjkeates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DXman
Hi guys,

Do you know approx how long would stage 2 last for?

Just trying to arrange a possible flight back to home on same day.

Cheers
DXman
Depends whether you get put in the red group or the blue group, and you won't find that out until the day. One group does the maths test while another does the PILAPTs, and unfortunately those which do the maths test first have to sit around waiting until the PILAPT group have finished. Then, they swap over. Those who do the maths test second are free to go when they've finished it - it was about 2:30pm in my case. Those who do the PILAPTs second will leave when they finish that, but obviously that's much later on - I guess it would have been around 3:45-4:00pm (but I'd left before then so I'm not sure.) If you're flying to Bournemouth, you should be OK with a flight leaving after 5:30ish (you'll need to get a taxi from the Eastern Business Park round to the passenger terminal, which is at the other side of the airfield.) If you're flying from Southampton, remember to allow enough time to get from Christchurch to Southampton Airport Parkway and then to the terminal building. I really don't want to put a time on it because I don't want to be responsible for you missing your flight! But if you're getting a taxi to Christchurch station then a train to Southampton Airport Parkway, allow at least an hour and a half. The trains aren't that frequent from Christchurch, only about 2 an hour.

These are only estimates based on my experience - if anyone wants to correct any of this information, please do so.

Originally Posted by Maurifly
I was on www.pilapt.com but i cannot visualize correctly the web page, so that i cannot use it!
Sounds like you might be using Firefox. I've just tried that myself and it doesn't work. Try using an up-to-date version of Internet Explorer instead.