PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 16:57
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joe, calm down, it's only a forum!

it's a forum matey so it helps if you read the posts. don't think i was preaching about morals anywhere!

unfortunatley you and the rest of the new joiners joined the company accepting the new and woefull pension.

anybody who applied to ba and knew they were joining in barps has absolutley no right to give me a hard time for pointing out that they made an informed decision to join a very poor scheme.

i like the rest of the ba pilot body so no point in IA to gain benefits for pilots yet to join the company. we rather niavely thought that ba wouldn't get the standard required and would have to up the package. the jury is out on that one!

now that naps is under fire we will strike to protect the deal that we joined for. the stupidty in moaning to me that i didn't strike whilst you were at easy/ryan/bax/wherever so that you could get a better deal WHEN YOU MANAGED TO JOIN is breathtaking.

as for 'my types' occupying seats. by that i take it you mean averge joe's who come to work, pass sim chxs and rts chx first time and without fuss. work hard to operate in a safe and happy enviroment, support my union and the rights of fellow employees and just expect my company to deliver as promised on the agreements they made with me.

maybee we need more of your type, no doubt the best a man can be and just happy to be living the dream. all the better if it's at the expense of those nasty BA pilots who had life so easy until hard working chaps like you came to save the company with your cheap cost base and acceptance of your terrible barp scheme.

your in the company now mate, i'll support you 100% in your quest for better t&c's now that your part of the team and have more than a passing interest in the future of our company and our place in it.

if you are really in BA please make the point to all the captains you fly with that they should have gone on strike to make your change of company even better and sweeter for you. maybee you'd like merged seniority and how about a date of joining based on when you got your atpl, not counting cadets and ex-raf of course cause they got it to easy etc etc etc

edited to ensure sum extra spulling mostakes