PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Rise
Thread: EK Pay Rise
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 07:05
MTOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe Yossarian might be pretty close to the mark with his last comments. The 'B' Scale option sounds likely... but with a special EK twist, i.e., the 'B' Scalers will be offered MORE than the existing pilot body in an effort to attract people.

Basings for new hires might be the only way they'll get enough new hires. Those already here who want basings will scream, but the powers-that-be are used to that, and know from past experience that most will scream and then cop whatever's dished out and turn up for work, (which is all they want).

I suspect the other option will be one that some allege has happened already, despite absolute denials from above - selected new hire DECs will be employed on a starting salary 'x' grades above a first year captain. (Even if the base pay is that of a first year captain, extra cash or perks will be offered by the back door.)

Potential new starts will hear only what they want to hear. It's always been that way. One, on another thread, ('Is EK the right job for you?'), says he'd prefer to believe the good reports he hears from people he knows rather than take any notice of 100 anonymous posters who are knocking the place.

He might like to take note of one story that in some ways proves his point. Not too many years ago, a number of 777 captains were urged to move to the Bus to help the company out in a manning crisis on the Bus at the time. (Sound familiar?)

They were promised 'first return' to the Boeing when slots became available if they wanted to return. Some now have been denied the move back to the Boeing because they are A340 qualified and they can't be spared.

Meanwhile, DECs who joined the company only two years ago on the A330 who are not A340 qualified are being given the Boeing slots.

It's probably one of these people who's teling his friend in Chicago how incredibly wonderful EK is!!!!