PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ek the right job for you?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2006, 04:45
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoForIt, (or should that be 'Brian?), there is an acronym that is widely used among the new Flight Attendants here - 'M.M.I.D.'. I'll leave it unexplained, but ask your buddies already here who love the place so much and I'm sure they'll tell you what it means.

If you really are in Chicago, and you do the interview and like what you see and are told enough to take up the EK offer, I, (and I suspect many others, not just 'the few malcontent posters with multiple identities' you suspect of hidden agendas), will be very interested to see a post on this subject from you in 12 months time. (Hmmm, 'posters with multiple identities and hidden agendas'... does that ring any bells to anyone here?)

I suspect that after 12 months here in the Sandpit, you'll have learnt what M.M.I.D. stands for yourself, and by then agree that at the EK interview, you fell for a very similar line to the one so many of the Flight Attendants do.

And like so many of the Flight Attendants, 12 months down the track, you'll come to the rather bitter conclusion that Y.M.Wasn't.D.

In closing, the salary figures they will quote to you are in Dirhams, not Greenbacks, so divide the stars (and stripes?) in your eyes by 3.68.