PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus airlines - how many hours do you log annually?
Old 15th May 2006, 04:37
Bazzamundi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aus airlines - how many hours do you log annually?

Hopefully this can be done accurately without any crap being peddled. It would be interesting to compare how many stick hours people actually log per year working in Aus. I know it is hard to compare short 737 or 767 sectors with lots of turnarounds to long haul, but on the other hand flying 900 hours long haul per year is also pretty hard due to the jet lag and fatigue on the body. Also, the regionals sometimes have long turnarounds and to achieve maximum hours can involve excessive duty hours.

PS. This has nothing to do with slanging J*, VB or QF conditions. If it degenerates to such, hopefully the moderators close the thread. It would just be interesting to see what more companies could really get out of us given that their perfect scenarios would be to get 1000 hours at least from every pilot. This includes regionals as well. If a pilot shortage begins to occur in the next ten years, then we can all expect to be flogged for more and more stick hours.

For me, 810 hours logged on the 744 in the last 12 months with 6 weeks annual leave. No leave would have had me at the maximum 900 or pretty close.