PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Overseas Pilots jobs move Attacked
Old 15th May 2006, 04:02
Bazzamundi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBD, I agree with you 100%. Seems it is mainly people trying to make the QF mainline drivers seem like they are solely responsible for the downwards spiral in conditions due to excessive greed. In order to justify the argument, they are dreaming up arguments and pay figures. It all comes back to people missing out, and people getting to speak to the vocal minority of egotistical tosser QF pilots who seem to think they are a cut above the rest (and probably tell people they earn more than what they really do to feel more important). What people don't understand is that these people are in a minority (like in any group of people - no airline is exempt from employing wankers), and the majority of us QF drivers would fit in anywhere and are dare I say it, are probably decent blokes. Just don't judge us all on the expressions of a few.

QF pilots are among the cheapest and most productive in the Western world. Compare our wages to BA, United, Cathay, etc., and you find we are very competitive. However, I think this country should be pushing for Jetstar and Virgin to be given a pay rise up to current QF levels, not the other way around. To get this to happen, the childish minority on both sides of the fence need to stop hurling insults and stones back and forth and actually try and do something to stop us all being driven eventually from the industry.

Anyhow, enough from me. It is perhaps time this thread died a natural death. I am sure we would all be better off for it. It certainly isn't helping the current situation at all, especially given the amount of crap and misinformation being peddled.