PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ek the right job for you?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2006, 22:36
GoForIt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fatigueflyer
With all the thousands of posts (both negative & positive ones) can anyone actually let us know if they accepted or turned down a job at EK due to what people posted put on pprune? I understand that we have to make our own minds up when it comes to a new job but from what is written here, I can only assume that there are both unfortunate situations and also lucky breaks for some.
The discussion on this forum regarding EK has always seemed unbalanced in the extreme, and I've always suspected that there are a few people here with an agenda of turning as many applicants away from EK as they can. The reason would presumably be to force EK to improve the package, since collective bargaining is not an option. Other posts by select members of this group have indicated such, and this one does the same.

For some of us on the outside, this forum tells us little about what EK is really like. We hear one story from anonymous posters on this forum. We hear another story from friends we've flown with at other airlines and are now happily employed by EK. They have faces and voices. They are real people.

In an anonymous forum such as this, one guy with an agenda can have 5 or 10 different user names, and can make it look like there is this big group of guys who hate life at EK. The Tartan Guy/ BM controversey on the other thread just proves how vulnerable an anonymous internet forum is to abuse. I'm not making any accusations, but given the different picture I get from people I know who actually work there and users on this forum, I have a suspicion that there may be some abuse. I will take the version from people I know over 100 anonymous internet "personalities".

I'm going to the interview.

Goforit