PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 14th May 2006, 21:53
mcgoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lucifer

my training will not take longer at all, i did my ppl in november last year, i'vew just done mod 1 of atpl exams and have mod 2 booked for september with hour building in november with multi and cpl and then IR and MCC early next year, all this while working 10-12 hours a day full time, if that's not an intensive high pressure learning environment then i don't know what is, and money wise, i will complete all my training for about 25-30k, an integrated course will cost about 70k all in plus my loss of earnings, so i will be saving about 70k doing it my way rather than integrated and for that sort of money no i dont mind having to get off my backside and go the extra mile knocking on doors and tracking the right people down to get my interviews

also surely getting a job comes down the person at the end of the day, you think people who have been on an integrated course and been offered an interview will automatically get the job, i think not