PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 14th May 2006, 21:38
Lucifer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you will not be under the same intensive learning - pure and simple - see the last comment on my point (b) below.

When you sit in the sim for the first time at any airline, do you think they want someone who is proven to have passed a course that puts them under pressure to achieve results in the minimum time, or someone who has achieved - but there is no evidence either way of whether or not they are capable of achieving in the minimum time?

If you answer is "yes siree, let's waste the shareholders' money", then I am afraid you have chosen incorrectly.

mcgoo - from your perspective - do you view saving as the cash saving on the course, or do you include lost earnings through longer times training, time spent waiting for interview, time spent waiting for integrated guys to be recruited ahead of you etc?

African Dude - he/she asked "Hi I wonder if anyone can kindly advice me on what you think will be the best course of action to take in order to become a fully qualified commercial airline pilot." You would be naive to suggest that debate is not part and parcel of such.