PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2006, 20:11
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The driving thing has always been an issue - for people working the standard 2d 2n 1s 3o shift pattern, the tempation has always been to get a couple of hours shuteye on the 2nd night and then drive to relatives for the days off. It is extremely difficult to control and the argument that it is actually outside the Service control usually wins. However, I have seen people ordered not to drive following exercises and the like.

On the other hand, what we are seeing more of (and this has nothing to do with JPA) is people 'choosing' to use their own cars for duty journeys. This option might normally be turned down by the Boss because it is not the cheapest (eg when self-drive MT is available). However, the thing that swings it is the offset of the cost of accommodation because of the time limits on the use of MT. It is something which those of us in positions to influence need to be wary of.

Back to JPA. I have 2 Qs:

1. Are shift workers able to get the leave thing to work properly/fairly?

2. What are people doing about NoK? One of the complaints I have seen a lot of is the inability of people to correct NoK info which is wrong on the system - are unit commanders making separate arrangements? What is the PMOC using as the primary source of info?

Pip pip

STH