PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Florida intensive JAA
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2006, 18:59
mcgoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davethelimey
So here are the questions I'd appreciate some thoughts on:
If I sign up for one of these 21-day jobbies, what are the chances of me actually finishing the course in that time?Dave.
Very good, When I was out there I lost about 3/4 days due to high winds but still completed on time, long days and hard work though!

What are the chances of the bill at the end being substantially (say, $500 or more) higher than the original quote?Dave.
I went to OBA in florida and the price they quoted me was the price I paid, no hidden costs

Is it worth doing ground school and exams first, and making the Florida stay entirely practical?Dave.
It will make things easier if you do the exams before you go because you have more time to focus on the flying and reading/memorising the various checklists and procedures. If not at least do the reading and take the exams in florida as they are included in the package price anyway!

Finally, of course, has anyone reading this actually done an intensive course, and if so, what did they think and what would they do differently if they did it again?Cheers,Dave.
Yes I did the 21 day course and loved it, like I said hard work but well worth it, learning the intensive way is not for everyone but it worked for me and the people who were there with me at the time.