PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express...anyone?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2006, 18:49
Badapple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough is enough

Ok, Sparky et al......pick up your dummies and stop wasting time with the chirlish comments.

Listen up.

About a year ago I made my first post on this thread. In fact it was I who first labelled one of the long since gone participants a eunuch. Why? Simple:

A eunuch thinks he knows how it is done,

He sees it happening all around him,

But....he just can't do it himself...

This analogy applies to many of the actors in this shortlived fantasy called HKE. The lead actor being, of course, the little man at the top.

Back to my point... My purpose in contributing to this thread was in the hope of warning wannabes not to jump in with rose colored glasses but to see it as it really is; an opportunity to MAYBE get a rating and some experience. Not to expect a longterm and rewarding career. I remember one starry eyed contributor telling us that he wanted to 'pursue the dream'. Well, damn right it was a dream. Maybe more of a nightmare for many already that have decided that enough is enough.

Much to my amusement, and I am sure others, Sparkles is already telling us that "I told you so" . I only hope that he will exhibit the same humility when he informs us that he has also Fedexed his uniform back to head office. As far as changing CP's.....c'mon, do you really believe that? My learned friend Omnipotent is unrelenting in his attempts to instruct less experienced people in the ways of the management. Pilots are seen as bus drivers in this neck of the woods, and the cp rates very low on the food chain.

Over and out