PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jade Cargo
Thread: Jade Cargo
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2006, 09:36
alexb757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Mercurius
Gentleman,
German ourfit ,BA training, are you seriously talking ?
The last info. I have received is that, the medical it is extremelly difficult,and the DLR guys give no mercy at all, on their exams.
They even failed a guy because he is single parent !
The screening process it is really meant for astronauts, and Jade Cargo does not give any real support to the candidates meantime on selection process.
Things are not quite well organized in there.
Candidates have to find their way out to solve unplaned events.
Mercurius:
It is nota German outfit!!!!!
DEG and LH Cargo are partners and hold about 49% share. The rest is SHenzhen airlines - take a look at the ads and their website (if you can get to it).
Also, the medical is no secret. It's been mentioned many times before and is similar to what you do with the Japanese carriers, EVA Air or the majority of Asian carriers. The reason for this is that they do not give license validations and if you want to fly their Chinese/Taiwanese/Japanese registered aircraft, you will need to get an initial ATPL from their respective civil aviation authorities. Part of that deal is you also need an initial medical which in any country is going to be the most difficult/intensive. Yes, they do go to extremes as these medicals are designed for "20-year-old potential air force pilots." Therefore, if they have 40-50-year olds applying, many will find it tough unless they go through a fitness program BEFORE attending. That is precisely why so many fail. I'm not saying it's the right way - merely telling those that don't know what it is all about.
So, if you think you might have difficulty making the grade, you really have two choices. Get with the program or don't apply. Simple!
As I have said many times, you need to do your homework and dcide if this is for you. The unprepared candidate WILL be in for a BIG surprise and it will cost him/her in both time and money wasted....