PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Origin Pacific cuts back flights
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 23:16
ZK-NSN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloodaxe: A little from column A, a little from column B I suspect.

Origin have plenty of experience with leasing companies and have always made them work for thier money which is fair enough, but I guess you can only push them so far. There is always to sides to every story and i doubt you'll ever hear a clear version from management.
Cutting mid-week services, especially through winter is hardly a new development in the Airline industry (those who have been at Origin a while will know that) Origin must operate with its means and while it has a profitable freight network, it cant cover for sectors that are constantly loosing money.

I think stoidiuoy is probably one of Bobs many disgruntled, former employee's (i hear theres a reunion in October) or he/she is waiting for the next payment of 3 cents in the dollar. Either way its common Knowledge that Origin has been about as stable as downtown Bazra since QF split the gap, but they've worked through it so far (by the skin of a peice of the male reproductive system, at times) and hopefully for the sake of the employees and the industry in general it continues to do so.

Last edited by ZK-NSN; 14th May 2006 at 02:45.