PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 2
Thread: LUTON - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 20:20
King Pong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zurich is an expensive airport to operate out of which is why Easyjet pulled out of the airport despite good passenger loads. I would have thought that Luton could support at least one full fares airline on a route like this to a major business centre. Is it really the case that full fares passengers would drive past Luton and sit on the M25 in their attempted to get to Heathrow? Maybe a full fares passenger wants the flexibility of a greater frequency and not just two flights a day.

Last week I witnessed a drilling rig taking soil samples close at the side of Signatures hangar near the gatehouse that would explain the talk here of a new Signature terminal. Although it has been a few years since I visited Signatures existing passenger facilities they did look very dated and small compared to what Harrods has to offer. I can’t imagine their new terminal will be as big as Harrods as there is just not the space around stand 51.

Air Turquoise has only been on the Luton route a few weeks so needs time to build up a following.