PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Govt questions UK Govt over bomb threat handling
Old 13th May 2006, 10:47
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do some of you people honestly think that a police commander in the UK would order the shooting of passengers in an inccident if they started to evacuate the aircraft (under the command of the captain or as an independent act)?................... I doubt it !

This idea of keeping people on the aircraft looks to me to have more to do with a slow witted police commander on the spot with a lack of police manpower to deal with the seach of ALL the pax and a lack of political guidence as well as a failure to grasp the need to act to secure the safety of the pax becaue he has lost sight of the primary objective due to the "security is above all" culture that seems to be the order of the moment in aviation.

Some of you seem to be saying that the police stance is "if you run from the bomb we will shoot you". I have to ask how would that stand up in court in a contry that cant even kick out people convicted of hijacking ?

The fact is that if the authoritys won't move people off an aircraft that might have a bomb on it with reasonable speed the captain has no option but to order the evacuation of the aircraft to ensure passenger safety.