PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals Scenario (Support Crew)
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 08:33
thelynxeffect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glum
However, I do draw the line at working 30 hours straight without recourse to a decent meal or a bit extra money to buy one at the next opportunity. The fact that they take back the allowance if you haven't been able to eat stinks!
Right, Okay, most of you make a good point and I must stress that I agree that a tired, hungry tech is more likley to make mistakes just like the rest of us however what I can't understand is that how you can expect to get given money for food if you didn't eat(buy) any. If you were not able to get some because of your location or the time of night etc I too would be well pissed off but there is sweet FA any amount of money could do about it.

The fact that they take back allowances if you don't use it makes perfect sense to me, to make a claim in the Army I would have to fill in a AB1771 and wait for the payout, normally three weeks or so. My point is that I could have claimed loads but unless I had actually bought some food and eaten it at the time I would have still been Hungry.

I'm not here to start an argument but loads of cash gets wasted in the Forces and the guys at the sharp end feel it worst.

My opinions are based(tainted) on a time when a RAF herc landed at our airfield with tech problems and instead of staying in the messes on camp (which did have rooms available) jumped in a taxi and stayed in a hotel some 15 miles away. That is a huge waste of money.

I also take minor offence of those who group all soldiers into the uneducated, thick as mince camp, you would be very suprised if you gave them a chance. They may not be the best educated in the forces but most could learn a thing or two from them about dedication, hardwork and loyalty.

Thank you